View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 09:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You need to see another neuro-ophthalmologist that can prescribe tinted/prism lenses. Yes some people respond to vision therapy like you mentioned but others like myself need the prism glasses.

After moving, I tried vision therapy with another Dr. and doing their therapy for a month caused me suicidal thoughts and made me relapse back on pain pills. When I went back to my old dr., all of my convergence metrics got worse.

It’s worth traveling to someone good to get this done. Without my prism glasses, there is no chance I could read or do work on computer. Of course, we all have slightly different trauma, but you need to get the right care.

This is the problem with navigating TBI, so often someone would say, I tried vision therapy and it didn’t work, and then move on to next therapy to try. When it’s a possibility that they just didn’t see the right person.

I can recommend Dr Zelinksy at Mind Eye Connection in IL...I know it’s incredibly hard to find someone qualified. PM if you have any questions.
todayistomorrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote