View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Cannabinoid Hyperemesis

Looking to talk with anyone here dealing with Cannabinoid hyperemesis. Before I share my story I want to say I am just over one month clean of using cannabis . Totally medication (of any kind) and cannabis free I dont drink. Where I live marijuana is Not legal . I started smoking marijuana after my accident in 1999 . I snapped my lower jaw in half and ended up with permanent nerve damage in my lower facial area. I had a nerve stimulator implanted to lower right side of jaw for pain. It saved my life. But I started smoking pot because it also helped with my pain , it allowed me to have an appetite and I could eat and not vomit after, it helped me relax so I could sleep at night. I smoked/used cannabis 3-5 times a day. Then about 5 or 6 years ago I started getting sick , bad stomach pain with sever vomiting along with many times soaking in HOT bath and many trips to the ER to get hydration threw IV . I had 2 upper scopes one colonoscopy lots tests . Nothing was found and had no answers . Lost weight got down to 90 pds. Then gadtro dr decided to have my gallbladder removed and put me on small dose of amitriptyline to calm my nerves in digestive track and rx me with cycling vomiting syndrome. It worked for about a year. I moved to another state ( where cannabis is Not legal here neither)Then a couple months ago it all started again. Someone I know sent me a link about cannabinoid hyperemesis . That is when I realized it was exactly what I have . Since I was sick and vomiting already , I went cold turkey and stopped . Just stopped everything my meds and the smoking marijuana. I am just over a month of not using and just now starting to feel good. If someone tells you there are no withdrawals from using weed, cannabis they are full of crap. The stigma is real it is huge for those who live in places where cannabis is illegal. You can not talk to anyone not even your drs. Even tho I am clean off it for a bit over a month I am still afriad of getting arrested for talking about an illegal drug and yes Sharing here is pretty dang hard . There are members here that know me on other websites and to them I ask to please keep this private and keep this topic here . So if anyone has this Cannabinoid hyperemesis and wants to talk , your not alone and I will gladly talk and help support if I can. I got off marijuana and so can you.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (04-27-2021), onlyhuman (07-17-2018), PamelaJune (06-05-2018), Vowel Lady (06-29-2018)