View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 11:59 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanebox View Post
Hi Mark

I am a frequent visitor of NT, yet this was my first post. I have appreciated your input on many subjects, just as I do here to my query.

Please don't mistake my post for a promotion of this company (thanks for the tip about bold text). I have both some hope and also some skepticism in their offering, hence my desire to reach out to others to get some more info.

I'm two years into my PCS, still struggling with chronic headaches, sleep disturbances, exercise intolerance, and fatigue. I also have a 14 month old who has often made the recovery more challenging at times. I have tried many avenues including traditional medicine, vitamins, cbd oil, exercise, and many eastern medical approaches. you name it, I feel like I've tried it.

I am a physician assistant working in medical research (mostly cardiovascular). I do share your incredulity in the claims they make about vascular re-establishment in the short time frame of treatment. They do however perform a post functional MRI, and claim consistent, objective evidence of re-establishing NVC consistent with normative data, which if true is very promising. They also re-image some patients about a year after treatment, showing stability in their treatment and continued improvement in symptoms with adherence to home exercises they give you to continue the treatment. Remember, they don't need to create vascular changes per se, they just need to re-establish the existing physiological NV relationship that was in existence before injury (get the train back on its tracks). so plausible, I suppose, but probable, not sure.

I have not seen their symptom questionnaire, but am curious as to how you propose to measure improvement in symptoms, as they are by nature subjective. The questionnaire is also only half of the measurement of results. the other being the findings on the post functional MRI, which are objective.

I don't doubt their functional MRI capabilities of diagnosing abnormal activation patterns. They have published multiple papers to back this up. I do wonder about the efficacy in their treatment and if it really is reducing symptom burden like they claim it to. I have a friend who corroborates this. I am curious about the one NT participant who claimed no benefit as this is not in alignment with what they told me over the phone. Their claims of improvement have been more all-encompassing, with the exception of some malingerers seeking legal action.

thanks again for your input, any additional info you can share will be helpful in my decision to fork over this kind of money or not. An average symptom reduction of 65% would be hard to turn down for $8K.
Hi Shane,

I am also a PA, now also a PCS victim! 3 months since my concussion and now considering all my options for trying to get myself back to work, life, functioning back in the real world! If you had to do it over again, what suggestions would you give? Would you go with CognitiveFX again? Other ideas, suggestions?
MicheleV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote