Thread: Lyrica question
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 05:26 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsmeHealthy View Post
Hi there! I just ceased taking Lyrica in the past two weeks and i thank god i'm still going strong! Lyrica is a terrible drug, there have been so many awful cases, mine as well, and weight gain? omg, i still can't lose the weight i gained, which was over 30 pounds in less than 6 months and that was 2 years ago. Then again, i just stopped taking it, so it's a wait and see game for now. For some, it seems to work just fine, but unfotunately, for too many it has wreaked havoc in their lives. Just monitor your health, weight, etc. and if you noticed the scale going up, talk to your doctor about another alternative, because withdrawing from Lyrica is a nightmare to say the least. No doctor will tell you what it does when you get off of it, mine never did, she just upped that dosage more and more and finally, i started googling and researching and i was in shock that everything i was experiencing as far as side effects was due to Lyrica. I'm pain free as well, so that was another indicator for me to stop as well. I hope it does work for you and bring you relief, in any case, we're all here to help so ask away! Take care of you and your health always
Hi Esme, I’m sorry to hear about the problems you have had. On top of neuropathy as well. Terrible. I’ll watch out for all those things, there really isn’t much help around is there? I’m struggling psychologically because I think it’s been quite a fast progression. Last August I did the Camino de Santiago in Spain with my son. 500 miles of walking over 5 weeks. Now I think twice about walking to the bathroom! I hope some combination of pills gives me back my walking life. I’m pleased you’re pain free and enjoying life. Keith
kmb sorefeet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote