Old 06-04-2018, 06:54 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
MicheleV,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

ShaneBox has not posted since January.

What symptoms are you struggling with? Headaches, worse with any exertion or loud noises, even worse with minimal mental effort. Cant't read, watch TV, do much on computer. Nausea, much worse riding in a car! Eye symptoms-double vision, eye strain, trouble focusing for very long.

What things have you tried?

I've had some balance therapy, vestibular PT. I had nystagmus and BPPV and was much improved with the PT maneuver to correct that.

Saw a neuro-ophthalmologist. I have convergence insufficiency and double vision. I have done eye exercises and patching. But recently was told to stop for awhile because the headaches are still so bad they thought that may be making it worse.
Saw a neurologist. I was started on Trokendi XR- long acting Topamax for migraine headache prevention, helped a lot with the light and sound sensitivity and helped with the dizziness, allowed me to be able to move my head more naturally. Headaches are now less severe but still present daily and worse with exertion, noise, mental effort.

What are your daily activity levels like?

I've great if I do nothing! No symptoms at rest! But I've been all over the place from strict rest to PT 3 times a week to brisk walking 2-3 miles twice a day. Currently, I walk very slowly 1-2 miles twice a day keeping my heat rate 80-90 max. I am not doing any eye exercises at all now for about a week. Not working. Not driving. Not doing any of my usual activities like singing in two groups. Singing, even trying to read my music, makes my head really bad!

Do you get good sound sleep?
No. I try to not nap at all during the day but I don't sleep well at night. I fall asleep but wake several times a night, have weird dreams, talk in my sleep and wake up my husband rolling around. I am more tired in the day but do my best to not nap. I do rest during the day when my head hurts but try hard to stay awake!

I really want to go back to work but have not been released to return to work. I work for a large company that requires a release. I've begged but keep getting told "no, come back in 2 weeks." It's been 3 months now. They won't even let me try part time, won't let me drive.

I'm looking for a second opinion and am considering Cognitive FX even though it's a long way from my home and quite expensive. Thanks for listening!!
MicheleV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Northwoods (01-22-2022)