Thread: Anemia and MG
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 10:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Anemia and MG

Hi there,

Does anybody have any experience of anemia and myasthenia gravis? I am having ongoing problems with anemia, to varying degrees, due to another health issue (myelodysplastic syndrome, which causes my blood counts to drop). We are doing various things to try to treat it. However, it seems like the anemia bothers me more severely and more early than expected. I am wondering if it is because I also have myasthenia gravis. With the MG, I already am dealing with muscle weakness, trouble breathing, etc., so maybe the anemia intensifies these and other problems. Does anybody have any experience with this? I've tried searching on the internet but I have not had much success. My hematologist apparently doesn't have any other patients in this situation, so he doesn't seem to have any input or advice. This is not surprising, as MG is not too common, and myelodysplastic syndrome isn't either, so maybe he has not seen a patient with both problems before. For all I know, he may not have even seen a patient with myasthenia gravis who had anemia of any type previously.

Thanks,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-05-2018)