View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 10:20 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Michele,

I have three ideas for you.

First, read the Vitamins sticky at the top of the index page. Note the soft ice recipe.

Second, consider the likelihood that you have suffered a subtle neck injury. It can cause many of the symptoms you have. It will not image because it is just a subtle injury that causes upper cervical instability. This can be problematic during sleep. It made bumpy rides in the car a problem. Just turning my head back and forth to scan the back yard when picking up after my dogs would trigger symptoms.

I did a lot of neck icing and focused on good posture during sleep and rest. Gentle traction and mobilization by a PT or chiro helped. No 'twist the head and pop the neck' chiro work. No range of motion exercises until after months of limited motions to help strengthen and stabilize the neck.

Third, you may have a sleep disorder due to your neck or other PCS issues. A recording Pulse Oximeter to track your pulse and oxygen levels as you sleep could be helpful. I developed Central Sleep Apnea that was triggered by poor head and neck posture. I would have stressful dreams, fitful sleep, foggy days and sleepy spells during the day. Once I resolved this, my improvement was noticeable.

Have you had your hormones assessed by a neuro-endocrinologist. Many have found it to be helpful.
I am taking omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium, CBD oil, and curcumin supplements. I limit caffeine to one cup a day and no alcohol. I eat a very healthy well balanced diet.

I definitely had some soft tissue neck injury that is still working itself out. I use heat and ice, do gentle range of motion. Car rides are bad but it's more visual. I'm much better with my eyes closed, hat on, sunglasses. But bumpy, curvy roads do bother me a lot too! I had a CT of my neck that was OK for acute injury but I have some arthritic changes. I changed from my favorite memory foam pillow to a lower, softer one which actually helped but I do wake up with a headache every morning still, just less severe. PT has helped some. I haven't had a sleep study or neuro-endo eval but my pulse is slow and regular overnight, in 50s. 70s in day. I monitor it with an Apple Watch and sleep apps. THANKS!!
MicheleV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote