View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 06:22 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsgate View Post
Thanks. Do you mind sharing your cocktail?
No, not at all but keep in mind I am basically experimenting with vitamins and might be taking too much of one and not enough of the other. We are all not created equal, what caused our neuropathy(idiopathic for me, so the field is wide open) didn't cause it in others. So what slows/stops/reverses it for us most likely will also be patient(guinea pig)/vitamin specific.

Fortunately, the others that have gone before us that have recorded their journey here on this forum and others like it allow us to consume huge quantities of information. Just like hormone's, I think vitamin research is in it's infancy. So at least for us PN sufferers, the way I see it is that it's up to us to get the lid back on Pandora's box.

I'm going after know triggers and known things that reduce my neuropathic symptoms. I wish I had written down 4 years ago the exact specific symptoms in some type of log every 6 months without looking back at the previous entry. Mine has been slow 'moving' like spilled molasses on the front porch in Febuary, so noticing a change has been difficult.

I'm actually kinda glad mine "flared up" a few weeks ago since it got me off my research **** and forced me to make changes in my vitamin intake.

Ok, so I started out 4 years ago on the perscribed Metanx, switched to Costco's Kirkland brand Super B Complex multi Vitamin which was fine until the flare. I am now on these once a day:

Costco multi:

....sorry it refuses to rotate....

And I have some left over Metanx, so I am taking those once a day too until they run out.

I started out with the 5000mcg Methyl B12, and am now switching to the 500mcg Methyl B12 since things have calmed down.

The flare caused me to loose ground...damage done. My right foot numb area is now 50% larger than pre-flare. I have never had any reduction in numbness and it's hard to describe what positive effects the vitamins have but it's almost like my foot swells behind the numbness with no physical swelling occurring. It's almost as if the trigger just irritates the numbness or everything else around those nerves making them hyper sensitive to the numbness.

The cocktail has localized that numbness making it possible to ignore. It has also completely stopped the flushing feeling, which is like standing in warm water and having someone raise and drop the level of the water from the foot to the knee.
DishRag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote