View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 07:38 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Hiya Kate,

I don't know if you'd still frequent these forums after a few years... but I was wondering if you ever found out why it was swollen? I've got random and new swelling 2 months after all four were removed. My dentist had a good check and x-ray and couldn't see anything wrong, so just told me to stay on anti-inflammatories and see if it goes down... I had bone chipped away at the bottom right, so she thought it perhaps wouldn't be so unusual for the bone to still be healing. That area hasn't quite finished healing up (although the other 3 have done well and quickly).

I'll go back if it hasn't in a few days but it's bizarre. I take Bryanna's point on oral surgeons and I'll try going back to them, but waiting lists are long and I'm not sure I'll be able to soon.

Thanks in advance, if you can shed any light at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate9989 View Post
Thank you for the reassurance! I'm hoping the antibiotics work.

She is a dentist. A friend recommended the place as he got his wisdoms out there and had no problems. The place seemed really nice and I didn't feel apprehensive at all going in.. Looking back though, I can't believe they didn't tell me things like - "you'll have a big hole in your gum"

I didn't even realize I'd need an oral surgeon instead of a dentist! I thought wisdom teeth extractions were a dentist thing
limegreenhearse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote