View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 03:11 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DishRag View Post
Shak, your symptoms are completely different than mine which started out feeling like my sock was bunched up inside my boot on my right foot. I actually bought new boots before realizing that the ball of my foot was slightly numb. I had never heard of PN and had no idea it was anything to worry about. I never had any pain, no pins and needles, just numbness.

Flash forward a year later and during a nerve test prior to Carpal Tunnel surgery's on both wrists I was informed I had PN. I have had hay fever all my life, and if those symptoms you described hit me I would have thought it was an allergic reaction to pollen, or a food since I have had both. My allergy test results were a page and a half long of triggers from grass to watermelon.
I was diagnosed with ideopathic neuropathy 4 years ago. This site has the most valuable information I've found.

I started taking B12, alpha lipioc acid, lecithin, niacin, and B6. The symptoms became more manageable after some time on these supplements.

Looking back I can see that I was having symptoms before I realized something was wrong.The first, that I could no longer tolerate taking a hot bath. My skin would itch so bad and no amount of scratching would relieve it.

Then I bought new work shoes and it felt like there were little stones or something in the right foot near the toes. I even sent them back and got another pair and had the same problem. Then the weird numb feeling in two toes on my right foot.

I finally saw a neurologist who diagnosed me.

It has since gradually spread to both feet and sometimes moves up my ankles. The symptoms come and go and are sometimes barely noticeable. other times they are very bad. I don't know what triggers a bad spell.

I've done a lot of research and there are a few things that can cause neuropathy.

The main one is diabetes. Also alcohol abuse. (However, I was married to a chronic alcoholic, and he doesn't have neuropathy at 68 years of age). Auto-immune disorders can also cause it, thought I don't know how.

That is why I am answering your post. Allergies are concidered an auto-immune disorder, and it sounds like you have quite a few. If your symptoms flare up when your allergies flare up, maybe there is a connection.

I'm just trying to throw some ideas out there. I know this a very frustrating diagnoses. Good luck with your healing process.
judymoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote