View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 03:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lot so folks have made good points here. I also have a severe small-fiber neuropathy. I can't allow anything at all to touch the top of my feet. And of course it is nonsense that Vick's or anything like it can "cure" neuropathy. However, there are many shades in between "cure" and no relief whatsoever. As Glenn indicates, Vick's has menthol in it. And I find that menthol does provide a small measure of relief - many times it won't last very long - but it can help just to break up unremitting pain for even a little bit.

I have searched extensively to find as many little things like that. I have assembled a bag of tricks, as I call it, that I use as needed to help manage my overall situation. Does it eliminate the need for medications? - unfortunately not. But in addition to whatever actual relief I get, I also get a feeling, even if it's just an illusion, of increased control over my life. And I do mean life, not control over the pain. I don't want to fight that battle - can't win . . . it does feel like I am least not losing when it comes to life and usually much better than that.

rafi
rfinney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote