View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 11:42 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Strange headaches

I have been having strange symptoms for a week. I am not even sure they are related to my post-concussion syndrome.

I woke up 7 days ago feeling nauseous as if I had eaten something wrong. Then I had a pretty busy and stressful day at work that day. I pushed through it and ignored my symptoms for a few hours. In the afternoon I started having a weird form of headaches. These are not the usual tension headaches that I am having frequently:
- the headaches come in "crises" that last for a few minutes and then stop
- the pain is localized right behind my forehead, and is very intense at its peak. It is as if I could feel my heart pulse against my forehead.
- I have shivers through the body and head.
- very nauseous, strongly feel like vomiting. This also goes away when the crisis stops.
- I did not notice any aggravation of my cognitive issues (no slurred speech, no confusion), I am feeling off and tired but this is not much worse than usual.

I don't think it is because of the over-exertion of that busy day, as these symptoms are quite new to me and rest does not seem to help. I have no clue what this is (could it be an infection? or a new symptom related to PSC?) and whether I should see a doctor or just try to ignore these symptoms as I usually do with my residual post-concussion issues. My doctor does not believe that PCS is a real thing and he already classified me as a hypochondriac (rightly or wrongly), so he would probably not be of much help in such a situation.

I am sorry if this description is unclear. If someone has any idea of what this could be/what I should do I would be very grateful. Thank you.
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote