View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 08:04 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Sorry, my 'fact' is that I just don't believe in coincidences. The widespread use of chemicals in soil and on plants has to have long term negative impacts across the spectrum. We know that diet has a huge effect on diabetic PN. Worldwide, diabetes is expected to double between 2000 and 2030. Chronic hyperglycemia exposure causes most diabetic PN, but what is completely unknown is what effect GMO and other chemicals sprayed on the food have on PN. Then throw in the prolific use of over the counter and prescription drugs.

I'm 60, 4 years ago I have never heard of PN. Now I know personally several, and none are diabetic....or at least what any consider traditionally diabetic. Something is going on and we seem to be chasing our tail. It's time consuming, but I want to know what the % of PN sufferers are in say in some of those isolated pockets of people that live "off the grid" so to speak.

I'm not anti chemical. I do think they have their place and can be beneficial. But, with greed at the helm of the chem ship, off it sails laden with all the unknown side effects day after day.

And to add to my babble, here is just one observation. I was raised in the South and on and sunny spring/summer/fall day us kids would be out playing in the neighborhood. We had millions of white clover mixed in with St Augustine grass. Being barefoot, we always had to pay attention, or suffer the sting of the honey bee that was constantly harvesting the flowering clover. You could stand in a patch, and look down and see at least 20 bees working that in your perimeter of vision.

I challenge any of you to do that now, today. I'm in TN now and my farm is inundated with white and red clover and I can stand and stare and it is rare to see the honey bee. There are other species working the flowers now, but still not in the number that the honey bee used to do those many years ago. Recently at a Plantation on the Mississippi River in southern Louisiana there was a field of clover and we were walking the dogs through it.....not one honey bee spotted.

I think the bee's plight is related to our plight.....jmho
DishRag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote