View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default New diagnosis

Hello everyone,

I have just "kind" of been diagnosed with GN and placed on 100gm of Tegratol. I have self increased to 200mg as the initial dose was ineffective. No effect with 200 mg. My neurologist is not sure if I really have GN as my symptoms are atypical --- constant pain to throat, back of head, shoulder with sporadic tingling in throat which is very localized, lasting a few seconds. He says I should have sharp, electric pains that last a few seconds. My pain is not like this. I have been scoped, twice and there is nothing in my throat or esophagus. I am now in pain on the daily basis which feels like a hot iron on the back of my head. This all started close to 2 yrs now and I initially went through 4 months of hot flashes. They have now mostly stopped. MY MRI was negative but it was only done after reports of headaches, they did not necessarily suspect GN or have been advised of throat pain. At the time I did not connect the two and didn't report the throat pain (thinking it was gastric reflux). Could they have missed GN? is there something else I am possibly missing.

Really looking for someone with a similar experience.

Thank you!!!
Ssab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote