View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 12:57 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Evol,

From everything you have said, I don't believe you suffered any brain injuries. You suffered a painful skin injury from the first lamp hit. That skin and nerve pain can last.

You sound very much like the many people who have concussion anxiety. You look for symptoms so you find them. Every time somebody asks about a headache and I read their post, I get a headache. It is the simple power of suggestion. If you look for nausea, you will sense some nausea.

The prime indicator of this being an anxiety reaction is quite simple. Nausea is rarely a concussion symptom, especially a primary concussion symptom. There are many other symptoms that will manifest before nausea manifests.

But, nausea is a very common first symptom of anxiety. Even if you don't think you worry about concussion, by checking for symptoms, you are worrying about a concussion.

Add to this the fact that you are concerned about making some important decisions suggests you lean toward the perfectionist/anxiety end of the scale. That is a tough life to live.

So, do yourself a favor. Tell yourself that bumps happen without causing injury and get on with your life.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote