View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 01:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Rytary Update

Sorry for the late update. I've been unable to set time for this but I have been thinking I should update to share the wonderful results I am getting and have gotten for many months now.

First let me say again that I am not a doctor or medical person and I don't play one on TV . Everyone is different and each of us must do as we see fit. I offer this up to show my experiences with Rytary and hope that it will give some of you hope and a map of how I got to where I am-MUCH IMPROVED!

The same applies from my earlier posts:

Caregivers, fellow PD sufferers, don't give in. Keep looking and experiment and you may be able to find a better path. A year ago I nearly resigned myself to DBS and today my symptoms are so manageable. Although I have lost my ability to fly, roller skate (I tried this two weeks ago-I used to be pretty darn good), ride a motorcycle off road, etc., there is so much I can do!

With your doctors help try changing the meds, slowly and record the results. Read the histories and experiences of people and be willing to try things with your doctors help. But you can lead if the doc is not willing. A year and a half ago I was thinking my life was ending. After changing the meds I have changed for the positive as well. I can go into more detail as to how I changed but it is a slow process and the suffering has to be worth the effort. For me it was.

I now have almost no on/off times, NO SHAKING, eating continues to be an issue, no constipation, etc., etc., etc.

Let me encourage you to ask questions and experiment with your doctor.

Life is great!

Jim
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Betsy859 (06-23-2018), dan1000 (06-18-2018), jeffreyn (06-18-2018), johnt (06-18-2018)