Thread: BFS vs SFN
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 04:15 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop262 View Post
Hi Burnsie:
I have similar symptoms. I've always had various little twitches, but 4 years ago I started getting some tightness in my legs, which turned into twitching, then cramping, then pain and tingling in my feet. After the obligatory google search, I was sure I had some horrific disease - but testing failed to show anything serious. Most of the twitching and cramping has receded, and I'm mainly just left with low level pain and numbness in my feet. Life goes on, but a little different than before. I take a low dose of Gabapentin to moderate the symptoms a bit, and some supplements which also seem to help a bit.

But, I have always been intrigued by the overlap between SFN, BFS, and Fibromyalgia - the common denominator being damage to small fiber nerves. (Lots of people with BFS and Fibromyalgia show small fiber damage on biopsy - and lots of people with SFN have twitching, cramping and pain that can also be symptomatic of BFS and/or Fibromyalgia)

If you do a search, you can find a few old posts where I have brought up this issue.

Unfortunately, none of this information seems to bring us any closer to an effective treatment, so.............
If most people with BFS also have SNF, they should really stop calling it a benign condition they should really stop calling it a benign condition!!!!

Interestingly over Christmas my sister mentioned that she think she has BFS. We have never spoke of any medical condition before and this was completely out of the blue.

However surely with something so rare and misunderstood, there has to be a link here too!!
Burnsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote