View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 05:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I haven't been too active on here in the last year and I wanted to post an update. I did have the permanent device implanted back in September, and although it hasn't been working near as well as the trial went, it has given me part of my life back. On any given day, my pain level is fairly steady at around a 3, which is far better than where I was a year ago. I just finished up with physical therapy a couple of weeks ago, being released because my therapist felt that I was no longer making any improvements that couldn't be made with at home exercises. I push myself every day and found just the other day that I am now able to get out and ride my bicycle for over 4 miles. Come fall, I am registered to take classes at a local university and hopefully continue to do well.

I'm hoping that this will be an inspiration to those that are feeling like there is no hope. Hold on, keep working with your medical team, and don't give up. Something will eventually help. It all just takes time and patience.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote