Thread: Tips
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 11:26 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Hello, Eng. Qamar. I'm afraid I'm going to be a bit contrary today.

Green tea does the same thing that Mestinon does—inhibits acetylcholinesterase. Caution is necessary, as too much (in combination with Mestinon or other CIs) can cause a cholinergic crisis. Caffeine does the same thing.

Some people can exercise. Everyone who has MG is different in what they can or can't do. There are many other tips for exercise, such as having a fan blowing to stay cool, doing more fluid exercise such as swimming, etc.

People could just eat good greens (or juice them), which is fresher than taking a DIM tablet.

Good fat is something that the body needs, such as olive oil, lean proteins, etc. Our muscles absolutely need good proteins (and fats) to work well.

Organic nuts are perfectly wonderful for the body, unless one is allergic to them. There are "better" nuts, such as walnuts (good omegas).

I can't argue with being happy. But happiness doesn't last. A good sense of self, of accomplishment, community, and kindness last longer.

There is no scientific proof that MG improves with age. Hormones do affect MG, and may fluctuate the severity over the years. But there are many older people whose MG is far worse. Again, there are no algorithms that fit every patient.

Everyone with MG is different. I'm glad you've found what will work for you.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
azwild (06-21-2018), ErinBear (06-22-2018)