View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 12:39 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Here is my recent experience with Nicotinamide Riboside

I am a 66 year old male with type 2 diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure. I herniated a disc in the L4/L5 region in 2011, and have reinjured my lower back 6-7 times since, the latest time being early March of 2018. I began taking 125 mg of NR (tru niagen version) on April 1, 2018. April 14, 2018 I began taking 250 mg, and 5/18/18 I increased my dosage to 375 mg. On 6/10/2018 I moved from 375 mg in the morning, pre-breakfast, to 250 mg pre-breakfast and 125 mg post-dinner. Here are the positive side-effects I have noticed:

1) On April 30, 2018, I noticed that 90 percent of my chronic pain/stiffness/discomfort during the day was gone, and about 50 percent of my night time pain/stiffness/discomfort was gone.

2) As I reinitiated an extensive exercise routine, I went from 100 minutes of aerobic exercise per week in mid-April to 400 minutes per week by the end of May. Recovery pain/discomfort was minimal and surprising given the ramp-up.

3) I have noted an increase in flexibility since April, particularly in hips, shoulders, and neck

4) My sleep pattern has stayed the same, but my sleep feels deeper and more restful. When I take a nap, they last 20-40 minutes with the same feeling of refreshment I used to get from a 75-90 minute nap.

5) Spring allergy symptoms are virtually non-existent compared to previous years.

On June 10, noting that I was still feeling some pain/discomfort/stiffness at night in bed, I switched 125 mg NR to post-dinner along with 250 mg of sustained release niacin. This alleviated the majority of the night-time pain/discomfort/stiffness I had been feeling.

I have tried many supplements over the past 40 years and none have had the huge positive impact that NR has had. Highly recommended for anyone over 50 with chronic pain and the desire to lead a more active lifestyle.
vauss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
janieg (07-13-2018)