View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 06:46 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Confused Three months after a concussion(?), and my head randomly hurts/feels weird again?

So, I got in a car accident almost 3 months ago. I wasn't wearing a seat belt, and flew into the dash. It was a very bad crash and a very hard hit. I'm not entirely sure what hit me, but something slammed at full force into my left temple (I'm assuming it had to have been the rear-view mirror). It hurt so bad, I couldn't even touch it, brush my hair, or even open my mouth for almost two weeks (It hurt my temple when I opened my mouth). It gradually improved, and got to where it would just very dully ache every other day or so. Well, as of yesterday, my entire head has been feeling pain in random, spread out places (the place that got hit months back hurting the worst). It isn't an unbearable pain or anything, but it's just worrisome. I also feel a tingling, almost numb sensation all across my head, but very amplified in my temple area. It has almost felt like something is "moving" where I got hit a few times over the past two days. I'm also going to clarify that I did not go to the doctor after the wreck, so I'm not 100% sure it was a concussion, but I'm just assuming it was due to how hard of a hit it was. My mom insists I'm okay, and a lot of it has to do with the fact that I swam pretty vigorously around 5 days ago (hand stands, flips underwater, lots of playing around with my younger cousins). She said that may could have played a part in it, but of course my anxiety tries to tell me it is something much worse, such as a blood clot or serious brain damage. I've read about Post-Concussion Syndrome, and I'm honestly not sure if this is it (partly because I didn't get the doctor's say that it was a concussion to begin with, but I'm pretty positive myself). I'm mainly just scared that I've developed a blood clot over the past few months due to the impact, and I'm going to have a stroke or something as severe. I know no one can speak for sure on this issue, but any suggestions or experiences with head injuries or anything of the sorts would be very very appreciated. Thank you all in ahead of time!

(P.S. I have a yearly checkup next week, and I'm going to go ahead and ask about this when I'm there. I just need some advice / reassurance on my situation, as I had two severe panic attacks yesterday over this. Thank you all!)
CoffeeAndCats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote