View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 09:34 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Neck Problems 4 Months after Injury

Hello. I am 20 years old. I am currently dealing with my second concussion in three years. I was in a car accident in February and have been through a lot in the past four months. To keep it short; I've had to have vestibular therapy and glasses to fix issues and I'm now trying Venlafaxine to help with my headache and depression issues.

After my accident I had some neck issues with some stiffness in my neck; but it backed off after a while. About a week ago; right when I started Venlafaxine; I started having neck pain and light sensitivity. The light sensitivity backed off in a couple days; but the neck pain hasn't. I'm not sure if maybe Venlafaxine is the cause of it or there is something wrong that my therapist and my doctor and I missed before.

The pain comes on suddenly; usually in the late afternoon or early evening and it gets worse by the time I go to bed and try to sleep. The pain starts about halfway up the back of my head and continues down my neck. I always have trouble falling asleep due to the pain. It takes me a good hour or so to get to sleep. When I wake up in the morning; I'm fine and I have no symptoms at all again until late afternoon again. Could it be a side effect of the medicine or something else?
HNL2016 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote