View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 12:16 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default How vulnerable are we really?

So something ive read a lot in my concussion research is how, after a couple bad concussions, you are much more susceptible to suffer future brain injuries.

However, do we know what this means exactly, can anything cause another concussion or does it still take a significant impact force? Can concussion now happen from a sub concussive impact force or is any symptoms caused by that just a relapse of sorts?

Does it still take an impact that would bother most people to cause further damage?

Can I expect to experience some level of symptoms every time I hit or get hit in the head for the rest of my life?

Obviously im being careful to not engage in any inherently risky activities but I still have hope to one day get through a regular active day without even stopping to think for one second if anything I did could potentially be damaging(like how we all used to live our lives). I also have hope to be able to engage in more vigorous stuff like jumping up and down, run, dancing all crazy, playing some pick up basketball etc... is this a realistic goal or am I being too ambitious?

Now I know everyone is different and there is no definitive answer to this question but what do you guys think and what have your doctors told you?

Ive been a little bummed about this issue since some people/doctors online make it seem like a light slap or gust of wind can cause a tbi if you've already had one.

I just live my life by 'I wont stop and worry about something being damaging unless its a direct blow to the head that makes me see stars/rings my bell' but I kind of live in fear of pushing myself too much and causing that bell ringer from an event or impact I would have never thought to be harmful.
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote