View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 10:45 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

HNL2016,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

After reading the myriad of side-effects of Venlafaxine, I think you should talk with your doctor or pharmacists about these symptoms. They could be caused by the Venlafaxine. "and severe muscle stiffness" is one of the "Call your doctor" side-effects. Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep is also a common side effect.

This is a powerful drugs, especially for a young, 20 year old brain.

The med commonly prescribed for PCS headache, depression/anxiety and insomnia is amitriptyline at low doses. Some have used Nortriptyline.

If your neck was an issue following the accident and it has become symptomatic again, it suggests the original injury is not resolved and the meds may be causing muscle tension that triggers the unhealed neck injury. Your headache may be caused by the neck injury. Have you sought any gentle treatment for your neck?

I suggest you read the Vitamins sticky at the top and follow the link to the updated post. The B vitamins are the most important. They are not a quick fix but proper brain nutrition helps the brain tolerate the stresses that concussions cause.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 06-23-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote