Thread: BFS vs SFN
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 03:54 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucharj View Post
It took me a year to get this far. I’m 35 so young too. I have full body burning, stinging, twitching, POTs and autonomic problems, GI issues, it’s pretty full on and very debilitating. It came on fast (4 weeks last year) and my feet are now permanently numb. The pain however started in my shoulders after the Gastro stuff . I’ve seen 4 neuros and it took me a long time to get them to believe I was not making it up. Once my cardiologist diagnosed POTs he sent me to a better neurologist that got the sfn ball rolling.
Whats POTs?

I am sorry you are suffering. I suppose the only hope is, that as you're sti;l young, all the medical advances will one day be able to help (I know not a lot of money is spent on SFN research, but maybe MS research will hold a key).

In terms of me? Well, I haven't really noticed it during the weekend, and had to think about it a couple of times (it's still there of course).

So, given my sentence above compared to how much pain you are in, why should a GP give me an appointment to get a skin biopsy when there are so many people more needing than myself. I wouldn't and shouldn't!
Burnsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote