View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 02:43 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
Hi Barney,

Your symptoms seem neurological. I agree with Donna... you may be having migraines, so it's a good idea to visit a neurologist. I take Topamax for mine. It's also used off-label as a mood stabilizer, so it serves a dual purpose for me (it's not the only mood stabilizer I take tho).

Lithium can cause nasty side effects. Were you having these symptoms before you started taking it? You can have side effects from it even if your levels are within the therapeutic range. If the symptoms began shortly after you got up to the dose you are taking now, they are probably from the lithium. If that is the case, I would talk to your mental health prescriber about it.

I'm sorry that you had to go through such a long period of mania. I have been there myself... no fun
Hi ohkay, my symptoms where actually present before I started lithium fortunately I don't have any side effects with lithium, my symptoms started towards the end of a 4 month episode I was starting and stopping medications that were not working latuda caused akesthesia so I was stuck in between appointments cycling out of mania untill my next appointment untill I was told to start epilim which I had at home i then got very itchy on that so It was then not long after I stopped epilim 1000mg cold turkey I had more stress and mania that was when the feeling started so i don't know if the cause was epilim I think USA call it something else depotek or something I guess I won't know what's going on untill I see a neurologist it doesn't seem like it's going to go away spontaneously unfortunately..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-29-2018), Dmom3005 (06-26-2018), Mari (06-28-2018), mymorgy (06-26-2018), OhKay (06-26-2018), PurpleFoot721 (06-26-2018)