Thread: Supplements?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 08:15 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by winic1 View Post
Got sent to a new doctor, a physiatrist, who told me to start a bunch of supplements. Did, about three weeks ago. Have noticed more weakness and fatigue in my arms since then. Just a coincidence, or could they be interfering with the pyridostigmine?

I am on only pyridostigmine for the MG (which no will, STILL, officially diagnose me with despite muscle, breathing, and eye problems, and very positive response to pyridostigmine, because I don't have a positive blood test yet.)

New doc had me start: probiotics, krill oil, turmeric capsules, collagen powder, n-glutamine, and vitamin D (which still kills my stomach, so I mostly don't take it, long history of this, no one can explain, nor find a way around it; makes no sense, but it happens.)

Could any of that be affecting the way the pyridostigmine works? Because I need it sooner than before, and it's not working as well. Or am I just so lucky that the disease no one will admit I have is getting worse?
I had terrible gastric problems when I first started on Mestinon. A nutritionist recommended that I take a high quality pro biotic, Betaine HCL & Pepsin , Enteromend (l-glutamine) and I do a collegen shake. I have no problems now!
Texasron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-26-2018)