View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 05:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Immediate symptoms after headbump

Hello all,

I have a daughter age 2½ and after I had changed her diper this morning and while she was laying on the changing mat, I was snuggling my nose to her belly, which she loves, but the tickle made her make a kind of nerve response, and she quickly lifted her head and headbuttet the top of my forehead. Those of you that have children can probably imagine.

The collision itself made a bump-noise, but it didnt really hurt. I mean I felt it and heard the bump-noise, but there wasn't really any pain, and no goose-egg, sore spot or similar. Normally I would be in doubt whether this was a new concussion.

The problem is that the first second after the collision, it was like my brain was rebooting or recalibrating. A little hard to explain but I definitely felt something weird, that I normally dont feel when bumping my head. It only lasted a second, and after that I was fine (but shocked). No blurry vision, dizzyness etc.

I read somewhere that immediate symptoms after af hit means that a concussion has occured, which makes me pretty sure, that this was a new concussion, and not just my brain reacting to memories from previous traumas (I now have more brain fog, small headache and a little dizzy - and it is only 4 hours ago).

So my question is, is it possible to get a concussion from beeing headbuttet by a 2½ year old? And is the immediate sensation I felt a sure sign, that a concussion has occured? Anybody tried getting immediate symptoms that did not evolve into a concussion?

All thoughts are welcome, and I really appreciate comments.
TheNorwegian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote