Old 06-27-2018, 08:31 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
Whats POTs?

I am sorry you are suffering. I suppose the only hope is, that as you're sti;l young, all the medical advances will one day be able to help (I know not a lot of money is spent on SFN research, but maybe MS research will hold a key).

In terms of me? Well, I haven't really noticed it during the weekend, and had to think about it a couple of times (it's still there of course).

So, given my sentence above compared to how much pain you are in, why should a GP give me an appointment to get a skin biopsy when there are so many people more needing than myself. I wouldn't and shouldn't!
POTs is where your heart rate increases when your standing or exerting more than it should. So say I’m laying down my HR is 60-80. Standing I jump to anywhere between 100-120 and if I get hot or exert myself like getting dressed, it skyrockets. Some people pass out. I’ve come close but I don’t. It’s ehere the small nerve fibres have affected your Autonomic nervous system.

If oh want the biopsy why don’t you go for it? Could find a cause and potentially stop any progression?
Loucharj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (06-27-2018)