Thread: Alice
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Alice

I am 79 years old and believe I developed peripheral neuropathy several years ago following the Zostavax vaccine at the continued urging of my doctor. I never had chickenpox as a child and did not know why I had to get the vaccine but was urged to get it any way. No one in my entire family ever had peripheral neuropathy and so I can pretty much R/O inherited causation.

It started with just the very tops of both feet losing feeling to touch and presently both feet and lower legs feel like I am touching them through some sort of stocking. When I "wiggle" my feet they feel like I am meeting with Resistance like my feet are tightly wrapped with something like an ace bandage.

I have never experienced leg cramping before this happened to me but at night I have awakened with horrible unusual leg cramps in the outer parts of my legs. The only way I can prevent the night cramps is to take daily heavy doses of vitamin B12.

I noted a post from Kip dated Nov of 2017 and that led me to sign up to find additional information.
aurban is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote