Thread: Sarcoidosis
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 03:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sarcoidosis

I very recently had a biopsy of the Hillar &Mediastinal lymph nodes in my chest. The reason for the biopsy was a cat scan I get of my chest once a year to keep track of lung nodules I have. I have been getting the cat scans for ten years now. This year they showed a mass of irregular, enlarged lymph nodes in my Hillar& Mediastinal areas. A subsequent PET Scan showed that those lymph nodes in my chest as well as in my abdomen "lit up", which indicates possible lymphoma or sarcoidosis. The biopsy showed that i had sarcoidosis. I also have it on my skin in the nose area, and possible my lungs.

Sarcoidosis is also a known cause of peripheral neuropathy. I have had peripheral neuropathy for almost 17 years now. I had high level toxic exposures at the world trade center on 9/11 and for the next 4 months. Many first responders who were there now have peripheral neuropathy. And a much higher incidence rate than the general poplulation of sarcoidosis, which is a relatively rare disease.

I wonder now if i had sarcoidosis develop as far back as September 2001, when i first noticed my symptoms of peripheral neuropathy.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (07-01-2018), glenntaj (06-30-2018), janieg (07-01-2018), Joe Duffer (07-02-2018)