View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 11:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteaa View Post
On top of the CRPS and resulting gastroparesis, I now also have chronic INTENSE headaches that I wake up with and last until roughly mid afternoon. The pain is behind my eyes and quite debilitating. Does this happen to others with CRPS?

I don't know if I should see a neurologist or pain doctor or what. Any recommendations or information is appreciated. Thank you ahead of time and have a spoonfilled day!
My neurologist said it is all part of it. I wake up early AM with an upset stomach, throbbing feet, legs and hands. Nothing helped the headache that seemed to be a part of this and the amplified pain, until I paid for botox on my forehead over a month ago. I have had almost a month without headaches, the first long cessation in 4 years. I don’t think it is a coincidence. I think we probably grimace in our sleep from pain and tension.

I know that the severity of my pain is in proportion to my stomach woes, which are in tune with the weather. I can tell without looking outside how overcast it will be.

You may have to try several meds first, but be warned they can upset your stomach. Ask for suppositories or sublingual meds. I vomited from the triptans. Indomethacin did nothing.

My pain doctor sent me to the neurologist, which is where you should start, unless your pain doctor agrees you have global CRPS and will treat it. Most know very little.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (06-30-2018)