View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 03:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default An introduction

Hi everyone, and thank you all for being so warm and welcoming. In case you haven't noticed, my name is Alaina and I was diagnosed as bipolar 2 during a stay in the hospital a year and a half ago, although I didn't find out about the diagnosis until my therapist got ahold of my psychiatrist's notes just a few months ago. I was never told that the diagnosis was changed from major depression which is what my initial psychologist tested me to be. Now that I am getting the proper treatment, I am doing much better. I still have my ups and downs, but don't we all.

I am rather shy and do suffer from social anxiety, so you're likely to notice that I will read more than I post. I do like to give support when I can though.

I found Neurotalk a few years ago while searching for information about CRPS/RSD. The CRPS has not been too exciting to have for me but the members on here have been wonderful and have provided a wealth of information.

I'm registered to take some college classes from home this fall. It will be my 4th attempt at trying for my degree in business administration, but it makes me nervous. The last three attempts have caused too much stress for me to handle and led me into a deep depression with suicidal thoughts and actions. I have brought this up with my therapist but she doesn't seem to be all that concerned about it. Her big concern is trying to get me to socialize more. What are your thoughts.

Alaina
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-30-2018), Brokenfriend (06-30-2018), Dmom3005 (07-01-2018), OhKay (07-02-2018)