View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 02:14 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Jolts when looking at screens

Hi. New here. Long story made short.... got bodyslammed at work May 1. Was a hard hit but I was ok. Over the month that followed.. started having eye strain to the point I made an eye appt. They said all was fine.

Continued having very bad eye strain over the weeks until I had an episode a little over a month after the bodyslam. I was driving and felt like my right eye was spazzing out and having a charley horse. I freaked out and was taken to ER. Cat scan/blood/ etc all came back normal.

Was diagnosed with PCS. I haven't been back to work yet since the episode. Still waiting for workers comp to send me to a neurologist.

My issue is this... Whenever I look at a screen or certain lights I get what feels like an electric jolt in the right eye. Then my face surrounding the eye gets warm and sore and I have to ice it. Pain and strain and pressure behind the eye. It was really bad at first but I was told to go on total brain rest (no tv, screens, hard thinking etc)

Its been about 10 days of rest and I am not getting the electric jolt anymore but I just happened to glance at a screen for literally seconds the other day and my eye immediately felt charged up and electrified and then the soreness started around the eye.

Has anyone ever experienced this? The Doctor I did see at the urgent care said he used to work for a hockey team and that I was textbook PCS. But... I still find it hard to believe that hitting my head a month ago could cause it.

I don't really have any other symptoms but my eyes. No brain fog or forgetting or anything like that.

I'm so scared the neuro is going to tell me he has no idea what I am talking about. My job involves looking at a computer all day and I am freaking out I'm going to lose my job.

Anyone had anything like this or know how to fix it?
michea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote