View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default There is soo much I want to

say, and many thoughts are running thru my mind ---chock full of WHAT IFS? I'd seen that website before, but never really READ it, it's a keeper for sure,- jo

I'd have so many cross-over SX's with the CIDP...and I recall asking my neuro time and again: What about the Thyroid? The answer was always....probably not.

That was tested thoroughly tho during my cancer diagnosis and pre-op preps.. So I had thought, the s/e's of 'post-cancer' "therapy" [really chemo] is what aggravated osteopenia to porosis big time. And, it was the thyroid! So, maybe, getting the cancer, and getting it OUT, saved my life for the long term? Good thing maybe - the sad thing is thyroid stuff mimics so many other issues/conditions/diseases. I am told by my endo that for all intents and purposes, my thyroid is dead. It's the meds that have saved me [sort of] yet masked the dying process all along.

I don't know if the CIDP was caused by the thyroid, or the other way around or even some other fateful set of circumstances.

SHELLEY - it sounds to me that you have made up your mind, you are just scared about it. That's my take on it all. I'll be here when you need me - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote