View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 07:20 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default What Could It Be

Long story short. After over a year and a half of intermittent explosive diarrhea and rt side back/abd pain; after multiple emergeny rm and urgent care visits; after multiple doctors, MRI's CT scans, bl work, stool specimen's for bacteria, virus, exotic pathogens (all negative) I see a G.I. doc who says, " After all the tests you'very had, if there was anything to find, they would have found it" and gave me Miralax. (Wow. That will really help the diarrhea)In other words, you must be making this up. Went to surgeon thinking it might be chronic appendix. He says probably not. Gives me a colonoscopy then sends me for a second opinion. He notices I was hospitalized a year ago for pancraeatitis. Orders a stool specimen. Surprise! Discovers pancreatic enzyme Insuficiency and orders Creon a pancreatic enzyme supplement. . Result, no more diarrhea. Wait. I have been on Mestinon for almost 2 years, faithfully following dr's orders. I discover Mestinon can cause pancreatitis. How come no other Dr for 1 1/2yrs
made the connection.. Why no communication with my neurologist. My neuro and I decide to discontinue Mestinon. (am also on 2,000 Cell Ceph). But after remaining on Mestinon for a year after the diarrhea started I may have injured my pancreas. Will probably need pancreatic supplement for rest of my life. (Good thing I'M 72. Also VERY expensive) Not complaining . Glad problem solved BUT why did it take so long. Exhausted and disappointed
wiscorner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote