View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 08:44 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Want to be a part of the forum

Hello. I've been reading the TBI/PCS forum for about a year now. The concussion that sent me over the edge happened almost a year and a half ago now.

My story is similar to many I've read on here. I don't even want to discuss anything I did prior to brain injury, because it doesn't fit now. I feel suicidal daily. I knew there was never a "quick fix" or "fix" at all for this, but I have been many places for therapy. I can list them or address them, but would clutter this message.

My dad called the police on me today for a suicide check. We got into a huge argument and he was the last person that I had still around since the brain injury.

I struggle with a lot. I always have head pressure/headache/sick feeling, even just waking up in the mornings I feel worse than hungover. Anything slightly mentally stimulating makes me feel re-concussed. Stores are hell, I can't keep up with more than one person conversations and and no way if background noise. I can't follow even slightly complicated conversations.

Reading comprehension is poor and I start to get swimming in the head. The spell checker got me through this message. Math is poor, directions too. I could go on, but don't want to put too much into one message.

I haven't joined this forum because I didn't know what to say. This is by far the hardest thing I've ever had to endure. I'm no slouch either.

I'm struggling to hold on. If anyone has come to find some happiness after brain injury can you please share?
BrainBoost7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote