View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 06:32 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
Many of us here are in the same boat. If they can't find the cause, they can't treat it.

In the past four-and-a-half years, I've had six MRIs, countless rounds of bloodwork, a spinal tap, and most recently, an EMG and a nerve conduction study. All were normal except for the brain MRI that shows a spot the doctors can only shrug at. No cause, no treatment.

Anxiety and worry will definitely make the problem ten times worse. It's not the cause, but it's making you more miserable. You're not unlike most of us who completely freaked out when we first developed the condition. Our anxiety levels went through the roof. Do whatever you can to try to calm yourself down. I promise you it will help. The less cortisol, adrenaline and noradrenaline you have in your system, the happier your nerves will be.

I'm 4 1/2 years into this and feel better than when it first hit me.

How do you get over the anxiety part? I am only a month in and it absolutely depresses me, I haven't found out whats wrong yet.. and everytime I get a symptom I just want to cry. I feel like I just want to dig myself in a hole!
Harper05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote