Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 08:16 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

If you have not been exposed long term to some kind of toxin(commercial solvents, insecticides, specific prescription meds, etc) or a spine/neck injury or diabetes, then most likely the prognosis will be idiopathic...which means 'unknown'.

Mine is idiopathic, and the only thing that seems to keep mine under control is over the counter vitamins, specifically B12. But it's still there, it will never "heal" or go away and is also progressing... although slowly.

You mentioned anxiety in the other thread...yep it happens. In my book anxiety is a waste of perfectly good energy, energy that can be used in many different ways to help instead of harm the psyche. Anxiety can eat you up from the inside out, so it's best to start resisting it when you feel it coming on. Go for a run or a ride, do some type of physical activity....anything to not dwell on it.

The symptoms at first will gather much attention from the mind. Eventually the mind will ignore the minor ones like the skin crawling, the muscle spasms, the flushing feeling up and down the legs, an others. This stuff is not debilitating, so don't focus on it. Even pain can be mitigated in the mind to a certain extent.

Do your own homework, there is not a real PN "network" out there yet. Read, research and read. Match symptoms with others then try what worked for them. Write down and log exactly what symptoms you have now, then repeat every 6 months because we tend to forget what went on in the past.
DishRag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote