View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 04:15 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear you are struggling so.

I have had or still have many of your struggles.

I can be thinking about something then, poof, it is gone. I do my best when at my computer. It is my short term memory. I can reread what I have typed to help me get back on track.

My short term visual and auditory memory is in the bottom 10% of the population. I don't even try to remember unless I took an effort to store the memory. I need to write things down. I send myself emails as reminders.

What did your NeuroPsych Assessment report say? Where are your diagnosed weaknesses?

I carry foam ear plugs when I go out. I wear a hat to block bright lights from above. I know what restaurants I can tolerate. I have learned to sit at a wall or corner so the sound all comes from one direction. Background noise is a killer for me.

Have you considered whether you have an upper neck injury? I call them subtle neck injuries because they do not have obvious symptoms but they interfere with blood flow and nerve conduction.

How is your sleep? Do you wake refreshed or with foggy brain? Quality sleep is the most important part of recovery.

Are you taking any meds, vitamins or supplements?

My disability check sucks, too. Not VA. Just SSDI. I was very successfully self-employed but needed to drive to customers. I cannot tolerate traffic chaos and still drive safely. I drive rural roads but not much in town.

I moved to Idaho from San Jose to get away from the chaos. Then, I suffered a second injury 6 months after moving.

It sounds like you are still struggling to be the old you. It is a challenge to accept the new person and let go of the old person. Research shows it is best to accept the new person and build within those limits. 'Build within those limits' is not an oxymoronic phrase. One can do amazing things using the new standards.

Taking inventory of your capabilities and limits can help you invent the new you. You appear to know where you struggles are. What are your strengths?

You are in good company. Most of us fully understand what you are going through.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote