Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 05:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

My unsolicited advice to you is:
1) click on the link (if you haven't already) that Kiwi gave you. I would look over the section that explains the causes of PN and also the tests as Kiwi suggested. See if any of the causes are a possibility. Quite often PN is a result of diabetes but there are many other causes. For example, antibiotics in the Cipro family have been found to cause Small Fiber Neuropathy, Ticks can cause it, Heavy metals, low B12, alcoholism. The list goes on and on but doctors seen to want to squeeze us into a small box of causes. If we don't fit we get the "ideopathic" label. Unfortunately, doctors are limited by insurance companies as far as testing. If you test negative for "A" they won't go further on that possibility.

2) for tomorrow I would bet the neurologist sticks to the main causes. It would be good for you to understand what those are and if there is a possibility you might fall into one of those categories so take notes as you research and write questions to ask the doctor.

3) If you haven't already start a journal. Include things like date, times, food, activity, alcohol (and amount) as you need to see if there is a pattern emerging as to possible triggers.

4) If possible bring someone with you to the appointment to take notes so you can just listen.

5) Let us know what happened so we can provide feedback. Good luck!
carol
echoes long ago (07-05-2018), kiwi33 (07-05-2018)