View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 11:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Baddad,

I have Medicare Part D. It's good to compare different plans, and try to find the one which offers you the best coverage for your prescription medications. This may change from year-to-year, as the insurance companies can change their formularies, so it is worthwhile to take some time in November to review your plan again. I think Medicare has an online tool that helps you compare plans if you type in your zip code. Then you can enter the medications you take on a regular basis, and it will automatically show you different plans in your area, and their costs, if I remember right.

As far as Rituxan and IVIG are concerned, do you receive those as treatment in a hospital or outpatient treatment center? If so, those are probably paid by your regular insurance plan, and not by Medicare Part D, which generally covers medication you would get at a pharmacy and take home (like your blood pressure medications or pyridostigmine). If you get IVIG treatment through a home health care agency, it might be different. I don't know how it is billed in that case.

Best wishes,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote