View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 10:28 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thank you for the reply Mark.

I will work on the sleep posture to see if this helps and thanks for the affordable vitamin regimen.

I am not sure what to do about the sound/voice accommodations. I wear earplugs sometimes. Yesterday I just had just one in all day because I had to go to a car shop with a lot of background noise. I really struggle with noise distraction. I had to sign a paper and the guy wanted me to sign multiple times while he was explaining the document and I can't listen and sign at the same time.

I try to work around this by letting people know, like family, that I can't have a conversation with the TV blaring. This has gotten me into arguments with family multiple times. I try to tell them and explain about how brain injury does this. It seems like some just think I'm being difficult and next thing you know the TV is blaring and they are talking to me again until my head is swimming. I have been told that it is their house and they will do whatever they want and to quit feeling sorry for myself. This example and worse reasons are why I don't speak with my mom. I have asked her to read about brain injury and she won't.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I feel like if family won't try to work with me a little bit, then trying to have a stranger understand would been impossible.

Anyway. I'm not sure how to make it so I can participate more in life. I feel very isolated because of my lack of ability to be around much noise. I would love if I could be able to be out more, socialize, etc. Any advice or things that have worked for others would be greatly appreciated.

I am going on a road trip, so I will only have phone access. I hate typing/sending messages from my phone, but will try. Thank you.
BrainBoost7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote