View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 08:42 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Not sure if new concussion or not

Hey everyone. I've read the forums off-and-on for a few months but never have posted.

I've had bad luck with head injuries over the last year:

Last October:

I had a bad concussion after being hit to the side the head that left me with headaches and light sensitivity for a little over a month. The part of the head hit was immediately tender to the touch and was painful for 2-3 days aterwards while symptoms continued on for around 4-6 weeks.

This March:

I was having a bad day during a sporting league and quickly sat down into a chair that was seated right next to the (drywall material) wall. I sat down too quickly and too deeply to the point where I caught the back edge of the chair which rocked my head directly into the wall and bounced off of it. I immediately felt pretty woosey and felt nauseous within a few minutes but never did vomit. No light sensitivity this time - it was mainly just that initial nausea.

This July:

Clumsy again. Just a couple of days ago I was doing tricep overhead extension exercises with a dumbbell above my head, going up and down. And on the final set I was rushing myself since I was ready to go home. During the final motion, I accidentally clipped/grazed the side of my head with a 30lb-35lb dumbbell; the dumbbell did not fall or leave my hand - it was just moved at a bad angle and grazed my head from the side. There was no pain or tenderness from the hit. But it does appear I have eye sensitivity again similar to the first head injury and my eyes are watering more easily and/or seem a bit bothered by brighter lights. No nausea, vomit, etc.

This last one, I'm not sure if the symptoms are more psychological or real. Like many of the posts I've read, I've become very anxious and worried at the prospect of head injuries. I had around three concussions as a child and then did not experience any new head injuries until last October in my mid 30s.

Does it sound like a light graze with a 30-35lb dumbbell that was still in my hand could have the force to do damage?
keeponmovin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote