Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 12:00 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Ok, thanks I am going to try it for now and see if it helps. I am willing to try anything at this point.
Its hard to not let it disrupt my life. I feel like crap and worried constantly about what it could be. I have been taking klonopin every other day to help with some anxiety.
I see you are from Maryland, what area? do you like your Nuero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
Just a few random thoughts expressing my opinions only...

Anxiety and stress when the condition first develops will make the symptoms 10x worse. First and foremost, do whatever you can to try not to stress about it. If it helps, I'm almost five years into the onset of my symptoms, and it has not worsened. My symptoms have morphed and changed, but they don't disrupt my life unless I'm having a flare and am uncomfortable. I'm definitely not in the agony I was when it first developed, and I was horribly stressed out about it.

Secondly, if your symptoms are not horrible and not impacting your life terribly, consider gabapentin to be optional. Neuros will always prescribe it to try to help with symptoms, but as with any drug, there can be ramifications. There are stories here on Neurotalk of people trying to wean themselves off it. Be sure you understand all the possible side effects so you can make an educated decision on whether to go down that path. I opted not to and am happy I did. Should my symptoms ever get worse and I do need to take something, I will have that to fall back on. For right now, though, it's not necessary.
Harper05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote