Old 07-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Ketogenic Diet Shows Promising Results

Hi all,

Quick summary of my situation and how changing my diet improved my symptoms:

I've been dealing with PCS for about 2 months now and was tired of doctors telling me there was not much that I could do other than rest and try to ease into normal daily activities. So I wanted to try changing my diet since I had been reading quite extensively on paleo and ketogenic diets.

Within the FIRST day of going on a ketogenic diet my symptoms were improved. Fogginess, fatigue, depression and anxiety, nausea, etc. I have not felt any negative side effects since going on this diet.

I eliminated all sugar, grains and dairy. Basically going for very low carb (less than 50g a day) and high fat and moderately high protein.

I now eat: eggs, beef, fish, nuts, coconut oil (4tbsp a day), lots of green vegetables, avocados.

There is mounting scientific evidence as to why this diet is effective at treating auto-immune disorders, alzheimers, parkinsons, MS, among others. (all these diseases have to do with neurons).

I have been able to find studies that show a ketogenic diet can be used to treat TBI as well! Although it seems research is still in it's infancy.

Anyways, just wanted to share this in case it may help other people!
Ryan5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote