View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 05:02 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Crps, Arthritis and Fibromyalgia

Hello All

I am new to the site and grateful to have come a cross it. So here's some background. I have suffered with arthritis since I was 10 I am now 35. 5 years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyala Brough about after a gallbladder surgery nearly killed me. Fast forward to now I had a arthroscopy done on my right knee on the 10th of April. I expected longer then usual healing time due to my health problems. I was lucky that I got an appointment with my rheumatologist 2 weeks later who reckonised the symptoms I put down to fibro where in fact crps. She put an urgent referral through to PT. I have since seen the PT 3 times and whilst she gave me exercises to do the first time she has not touched me is this normal?. I have also been back to see the surgeon who talked about further surgery, however when I mentioned the crps he just stopped said he couldn't do anything and to come back in 4 months, he didn't even look at the knee!.

My gp is doing what he can. I've started taking gabapentin just up the dose today so it 3 3 x times a day of 300mg. I was already on a lot of medication including high painkillers I have however increased the immediate release of oxycodone with I take along with the modified release.

I am due to see my gp Thursday as PT what's me referring to neurology but he thinks pain management who I've seen for previous problems. Which do you think is best? My symptoms have progressed quickly in my opinion the knee is very swollen and no amount of moving helps it just gets worse. The more I do move the swelling just spreads to the rest of the leg. This then feels like my skin is to over stretched. I have already noticed skin changes along with hair and nail changes. I'm having a flare up at the moment but it's from the arthritis as my hands are very sore along with my ribs and chest. I often wonder if the other conditions I have are make the crps progress quicker.

Sorry for the long post, kinda needed to get it all out. I am unable to go back to work at the moment and having to consider I won't as I'm a dispenser in a busy pharmacy and stand all day. I would never manage, I found it was becoming increasingly difficult before crps but now it's just not possible. I knew I'd never work that job till retirement but I never thought I'd need to stop at 35. I imagine this post sounds rather depressing but actually my spirit is okay, just a bit bruised due to the flare up.

Anyway its nice to have found somewhere people will understand.

Have a great day!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Ionaday83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote