View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 12:44 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
jenny,

It means that the problem needs further evaluation AND the sooner the better just in case the implant needs to be removed.

You need a 3D dental scan. Ask you oral surgeon for a referral to a colleague who has that machine.

Bryanna
Hi Bryanna. I just wanted to follow up on this. Last month I was supposed to get the crown on the implant however I still get occasional twinges of pain and pressure in the area so I went back to my oral surgeon. He insisted the X-Ray looked good but referred me out for a 3D ct scan place to get a scan done for my peace of mind. I had the scan done last month and the OS said that the 3D scan looked good, and to get the crown done. He said the "bump" under the gum below the implant is just bone. I have an appt to get the crown done in about two weeks however I still get the occasional bothersome pressure/pain (also had some pain in the gum two teeth down, under the pre-molars, which so far went away), something to me just doesn't feel right... I made an appt for next week for a 2nd opinion with another OS to see what they say, but I had a question... Is it possible that teeth clenching can cause some pain/discomfort? Something I notice that I do is clench my teeth at night so I wanted to know if this was a possibility of what could be causing the occasional discomfort.
jenny8484 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote