Thread: Antipsychotics
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 01:26 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Today I had the neuropshicological test, like I suspected it was a very superficial test not adequate to show my cognitive problems.
The test was 20-30 minutes long and it consisted in some basic questions such as "what day is today?" "what season is it?" "what year is it?" "how does it make 100-7?", to draw some images like trangles and circles and to fill in some puzzles by chosing the right alternatives between some images.
Basically it was a test to show if someone is full retarded or not, not to perceive the decrease in intellectual ability and thinking struggles due to concussion or other forms of mild impairment.
I asked the neurologist who gave me te test if there are some other test to better evaluate my cognitive ability and to see the limits of what I can actually do, and she said that they do not exist, which seems strange to me because I read on internet that a neuropshycological evalutation usually is composed of many test to analize each cognitive skill in detail and that they usually last several hours and are very challenging.
Can someone please shed some light on this to me? I'm very confused.
Do test more accurate to show thininkg dysfunction that the one I did exist?

The neurologist also said, like every other doctor that I have seen, that is impossible to suffer a concussion wihtout losing consciousness...I'm very frustrated by the general incompetence and lack of taking my situation seriously that I have faced since now.
Danielson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote