View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 06:30 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default atypical trigeminal neuralgia

Hello forum users:

I recently received a diagnosis of atypical trigeminal neuralgia after about a 1-1/2 years of migraine headaches and now facial numbness, scalp tingling, and ear pain. I am hoping to find inspiration on these forums as well as ideas, and hope to post any treatments that have helped me that I can share with others. Right now, I am in anger stage over the fact that this was caused by damage from a dental procedure where the trigeminal nerve was damaged when the dentist must have hit the trigeminal nerve with anesthetic while fixing a broken tooth. I have had many dental fillings, root canals and overall do not have good teeth but never had a problem with permanent symptoms from any of these procedures. This time, however, the symptoms started immediately after the procedure and I informed my dentist of symptoms but he doubted it was from the dental procedure, and I cannot prove it anyway, and now I feel I need to try and get over that in order to heal. My new neurologist at least acknowledged the dental work connection and I have started Elavil, Reglan and iboprofen. I already have another atypical hard-to-treat bladder issue and feel hit with a double whammy. I want a fixable condition with surgery, but I am afraid that is not in the cards. Trying to keep positive.
alfonsia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote